Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Do you remember those cartoons were the main character finds a genie's lamp, meets the genie, makes a wish thinking all of their problems are gonna go away only to have the wish backfire? For the past two weeks I have been living in a backfired wish.
The townhouse has been sold. We have to be out by October 1. We just unpacked. We knew it was temporary but not THAT temporary. This townhouse has become a nightmare. I've been so horrible to myself and Paul since finding out. I've been really horrible to the buyer. People on twitter and Facebook must think I'm an awful person. Well you would be too if this situation happened to you. I'm angry. I have every right to be angry. I'm broke and homeless. Yay!!!
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Yup. Pretty much that’s the story.
Ok I kid. Here’s the break down.
The dreaded “D'” word. Pssh. It ain’t that bad. All I did was eat chocolate three times a day. That was pretty much the catalyst for the weight loss. I started eating Xocai healthy chocolate in March of this year. Xocai is an antioxidant rich dark chocolate that is combined with acai berries. . It’s not your commercial chocolate that is filled with waxes, fats and gods knows what. After about a week of eating it I noticed my waist felt trimmer. So after about three months of eating it I lost weight. Kinda an added bonus to eating good chocolate. But there’s more than just the chocolate. I have also been drinking a lot of coconut water. Coconut water and coconut meat is seriously the best stuff on the PLANET! After you read the benefits of coconut water you have to wonder why more people are not drinking it and why they would pick Gatorade over it. Gatorade tastes like ass. Here’s a few facts on the fantastic stuff:
- Coconut Water is more nutritious than whole milk - Less fat and NO cholesterol.
- Coconut Water is More Healthy than Orange Juice - Much lower calories.
- Coconut Water is Better than processed baby milk - It contains lauric acid, which is present in human mother's milk.
- Coconut water is naturally sterile - Water permeates though the filtering husk.
- Coconut water is a universal donor - Its identical to human blood plasma.
- Coconut Water is a Natural Isotonic Beverage - The same level we have in our blood.
- Coconut water has saved lives in 3rd world countries thru Coconut IV.
- Coconut water contains more potassium (at about 294 mg) than most sports drinks (117 mg) and most energy drinks.
- Coconut water has less sodium (25mg) where sports drinks have around 41mg and energy drinks have about 200 mg.
- Coconut water has 5mg of Natural Sugars where sports and energy drinks range from 10-25mg of Altered Sugars.
- Coconut water is very high in Chloride at 118mg, compared to sports drinks at about 39mg.
I have also started adding more raw vegan foods to my diet. I love me some fruits but I didn’t eat enough greens. I could only really my greens in a salad. I wanted more veggies in my diet. So I started exploring raw recipes and added a couple to my diet. I have also started drinking a green smoothie in the morning.You can add whatever you like to the mix.That’s just one recipe. They are delicious. Don’t let the color gross you out. Try it. You’ll love it.
I posted about getting started by going to Bataan Park on Sunday. Since last month I’ve really gotten into . I bought myself a heavy ass travel hoop and LOVE IT!!! My arms and shoulders look more toned and they are getting toned. My abs are ridonkulous. I love putting on some music and hooping till I sweat. I don’t think I could recommend hooping enough as a majorly fun activity that allows you to have so much fun, learn nifty tricks and get into shape.
Here are some blogs that I check out that have recipes, advice, videos etc… They are a good jumping off point.
- Kimberly Snyder’s Envision Beauty Blog – yoga instructor, raw foodist, recipes, advice.
- Hooping.org – Lots of resources. Plus learn how to make your own hoop!
- Sushi Zume Tokyo – Hooping gal in Tokyo. On her blog right now is the 30 Day Hoop Boot Camp. Lots of good videos. Also into raw foods.
- Gone Raw – a forum for recipes and discussion.
Have fun kids! I’m Sarebear bitch!
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Thursday, August 6, 2009
All moved out of the old apartment. Most of my things are moved into the townhouse. Thankfully, Paul has the rest of August to move his bedroom and office over. No more moving after this. Ever. We seriously want to buy this townhouse. Spaced themed housewarming party soon!
The trip to Roswell was nice. Got to meet a lot of Paul’s relatives and go swimming. I got to attend my first and hopefully last Catholic mass. I started falling asleep. No wonder they make you stand up and sit down. Totally snoresville. But lots of good food was eaten and I hope Paul’s uncle is raising hell in heaven.
I still need a job. For two months.. I’ve so been putting off the job hunting because of the great upheaval. But now, I needs the money. Anybody know of anything?
More unpacking and sorting and cleaning to do. And more pictures!
Thursday, July 23, 2009
Oh dear. When I started this blog a few months back I had intentions of doing interviews, video how-tos, tips and tricks and a whole bunch of stuff. That kinda hasn’t happened unfortunately. The Burlesque Noir video is half way edited and was supposed to be done in May before the Greatest Tits show. But well, Paul ( who is a fantastic editor) got really busy. I suck at editing. So, it sits unfinished. I hope it gets finished.
I had LOTS of ideas in April. Right before I quit I knew the direction I wanted to go in. Now that direction has gone somewhere and I have no clue where it’s going. It’s organic. I’m gonna let it evolve to where it needs and wants to go.
Other things have gotten in the way. I know I’m not alone when you decide to move it pretty much consumes a lot of your time and energy. After this month is over I hope to get back to creation and getting off of my ass and lining up some performances.
I really want and need to perform. I really need to get to work on that. I’m so much better at performing than I am at working.
I feel like Starbuck. I’m only good at one thing. Other things I frak up.
So, never fear. I will get this more off the ground so next, I will never work for anybody else but myself. Working for someone else is for suckers.
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Whatcha been up to?
- Packing! I’m moving out of my apartment and becoming a gypsy. I really hate sorting through all the little stuff and trying to decide if I want to keep it or not. I’m really trying to stick with the “ get rid of 80 to 90% of my belongings” thing. I’m sure I will. Yard sale Saturday the 25th! Bring cash and buy my stuff.
- Hooping. Now that I’m out of work and not in Roswell, I can go to Bataan park on Sundays and hoop my ass off. I can also hoop my ass off in Paul’s room. I can also hoop in other parks. I am DETERMINED to get chest/shoulder hooping down pat. None of this wonky business. I want to be a hooping master by the end of the year.
- I’m irritable. Like WhOA! Since I got laid off, I didn’t have enough money for my auto-ship of Xocai chocolate and rent, so the chocolate had to go (thanks to all the people who didn’t sign up, much love). That was the beginning of the month and I am feeling the effects. I’ve got some fantastically huge zits on my face and bloat like dead animal in the desert. Ugh. And being frustrated with hooping and poi tricks isn’t helping.
- Job hunting. Ugh. Don’t want to but I need to eat and I would like a pair of Melodia’s. Anybody know of any work I could do for about 2 months?
- I’ve been spending a lot of my time naked. It’s just too dang hot to put on clothes.
What’s up with you?
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Hosted by Shannon Elizabeth.
A new show featuring comedy and burlesque.
Two things that make me go “hmmm”; 1) The lack of variety of dancers. Pale skinny white girls, yawn.
2) Andy Dick. Nuff said.
Have to give it a watch though. Maybe frakking hilarious.