Monday, April 20, 2009

Costume Inspiration: Peacock feathers

One of the peacocks that roam freely at the Or...Image via Wikipedia

Or big cock feathers as my boyfriends niece would say.
I absolutley love the colors and shape of peacock feathers. They make any blah outfit pop and this seasons feather trend is featuring fantastic peacock feather accessories.
I just ordered a package of 24 feathers for $7.99 from Oreintal Trading. I can't wait to cut them up and make hair/shoe clips, earrings, necklaces, and maybe a fan.


Here's some awesome burlesque costumes and accessories using peacock feathers.









Cathrine D'Lish and her amazing dress. She made it herself.
(photo via :www.alarmpress.com from an interview from Jo Weldon)


Kitten De Ville's awesome peacock fan. Want!
(photo via: www.kittendeville.com)


While I am not a fan of feathers + spirit gum , these look stunning and are sold out. :(
(photo via : Goth Fox Designs etsy)

There are many many more peacock products. I wish those feathers would hurry up and get here. I'm ready to craft.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment