Yup. Pretty much that’s the story.
Ok I kid. Here’s the break down.
The dreaded “D'” word. Pssh. It ain’t that bad. All I did was eat chocolate three times a day. That was pretty much the catalyst for the weight loss. I started eating Xocai healthy chocolate in March of this year. Xocai is an antioxidant rich dark chocolate that is combined with acai berries. . It’s not your commercial chocolate that is filled with waxes, fats and gods knows what. After about a week of eating it I noticed my waist felt trimmer. So after about three months of eating it I lost weight. Kinda an added bonus to eating good chocolate. But there’s more than just the chocolate. I have also been drinking a lot of coconut water. Coconut water and coconut meat is seriously the best stuff on the PLANET! After you read the benefits of coconut water you have to wonder why more people are not drinking it and why they would pick Gatorade over it. Gatorade tastes like ass. Here’s a few facts on the fantastic stuff:
- Coconut Water is more nutritious than whole milk - Less fat and NO cholesterol.
- Coconut Water is More Healthy than Orange Juice - Much lower calories.
- Coconut Water is Better than processed baby milk - It contains lauric acid, which is present in human mother's milk.
- Coconut water is naturally sterile - Water permeates though the filtering husk.
- Coconut water is a universal donor - Its identical to human blood plasma.
- Coconut Water is a Natural Isotonic Beverage - The same level we have in our blood.
- Coconut water has saved lives in 3rd world countries thru Coconut IV.
- Coconut water contains more potassium (at about 294 mg) than most sports drinks (117 mg) and most energy drinks.
- Coconut water has less sodium (25mg) where sports drinks have around 41mg and energy drinks have about 200 mg.
- Coconut water has 5mg of Natural Sugars where sports and energy drinks range from 10-25mg of Altered Sugars.
- Coconut water is very high in Chloride at 118mg, compared to sports drinks at about 39mg.
I have also started adding more raw vegan foods to my diet. I love me some fruits but I didn’t eat enough greens. I could only really my greens in a salad. I wanted more veggies in my diet. So I started exploring raw recipes and added a couple to my diet. I have also started drinking a green smoothie in the morning.You can add whatever you like to the mix.That’s just one recipe. They are delicious. Don’t let the color gross you out. Try it. You’ll love it.
I posted about getting started by going to Bataan Park on Sunday. Since last month I’ve really gotten into . I bought myself a heavy ass travel hoop and LOVE IT!!! My arms and shoulders look more toned and they are getting toned. My abs are ridonkulous. I love putting on some music and hooping till I sweat. I don’t think I could recommend hooping enough as a majorly fun activity that allows you to have so much fun, learn nifty tricks and get into shape.
Here are some blogs that I check out that have recipes, advice, videos etc… They are a good jumping off point.
- Kimberly Snyder’s Envision Beauty Blog – yoga instructor, raw foodist, recipes, advice.
- Hooping.org – Lots of resources. Plus learn how to make your own hoop!
- Sushi Zume Tokyo – Hooping gal in Tokyo. On her blog right now is the 30 Day Hoop Boot Camp. Lots of good videos. Also into raw foods.
- Gone Raw – a forum for recipes and discussion.
Have fun kids! I’m Sarebear bitch!