Friday, May 1, 2009

Burlesque Inspiration : Bollywood

3331Bollywood_Sign khalnyak 

Madhuri Dixit-Nene in Khalnayak

If I could live my life like a musical I would want it to be a Bollywood movie.  Every time I needed to proclaim my love for my boyfriend or need to pray for rain, I want a fully choreographed eight minute long dance sequence complete with women  dressed in gorgeous  saris and lots of drums!!!!!!!!!

I absolutely love the picture up top. It’s from a movie called Khalnyak . I haven’t seen it yet but I loooooove the dance sequence.  The song is called '”Cholie Ke Peeche Kya Hai” which means “What’s behind the blouse?'”  I want to wear that outfit everyday.

I will dance on a train.

Go rent Lagaan right now!! It makes the game of cricket interesting.

Burlesque Noir has a Bollywood themed piece called “Saggy Paneer” but it’s not loading on Youtube. :( Rude.

Instead, pictures to inspire!

Aishwarya_&_Madhuri_dola_re_dola.24420519_std

We’re the dancers.



aishwarya_rai

Hi, I’m gorgeous.

bollywood_dancers1

Video made of win. Bollywood disco done right by my girl M.I.A.


The original song which M.I.A. sampled. It's made of LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment